Skip to main content

 


Page Count: 326

Reverence by: Raena Rood

Synopsis:

Reverence takes place in a dystopian society where a deadly virus has devastated the world. The survivors live within the walls of Vita Nova, a city that has created strict rules and programs to control its population. Kira Liebert works as a volunteer advocate, helping people who choose to sacrifice themselves for the good of the city. When she becomes involved with a man named Will Foster, she begins to question what she has been taught about the world outside the walls and the society she lives in.

Review:

This book was unfortunately another one that wasn’t a favorite for me. I love dystopian books, so I had high hopes for this one, but that’s on me for not looking up more about the book beforehand. My dislike for this one was mostly due to it becoming overly religious. While that usually never bothers me, this felt heavily pushed throughout the story. I went in expecting a dystopian book and was met with Christianity being a major component of the plot.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

  The Obsession by Jesse Q. Sutanto Pages: 320   This book was okay. I didn't hate it. Didn't love it.  It was very predictable as things unfolded, which as a thriller that might have been what made me feel neutral about it.  Delilah has been controlled by sketchy men her whole life, until she takes things into her own hands.  Logan is infatuated with Delilah. He will do anything to maintain having her in his life.  I feel for Delilah because even after taking control of her life, she still is a magnet for sketchy men. She just wants what every other girl wants. A normal happy relationship. Which she thought she had with Logan.  Logan, this guy is a walking red flag. Yet on the other hand if he wasn't so creepy and intense he might have had things play out the way he wanted. Instead he hid cameras around Delilah's life. He blackmailed, and in his mind things had progressed way faster than on her end. 

Meet Me in the Margins

                                                                                                                      Meet me in the Margins by Melissa Ferguson             As someone who loves to read and write this book was at the top of my romance reading list.                                                That's probably where it should have stayed. I love a good meet-cute book as much as the next girly but this just stayed flat. I felt I was struggling and grasping for those cute moments that are what keeps the pages turning. I hate giving a bo...
  Old Black Witch by Wende Devlin - 32 Pages The Dream for Nicky and his mother was just that, a dream. That was until they found the perfect Old New England house to transform into a tearoom. What they did not plan on was the cranky and eccentric Witch that resided within. A little trouble with robbers, or how flying blueberry pancakes would go over with the guests.  If you would like to whip up a batch yourself, you can! The book has a copy on the back.